Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 33

I feel like all Miles and I do anymore is either 1. work or 2. think about this precious baby that will be joining this world in seven weeks. Although work is necessary, the baby is way more exciting. I am not someone that likes uncertainty of any kind. So when we found out we were having a baby and then having a baby boy the lists immediately started developing so that maybe I could wrap my arms around what is about to happen. I mean nine months should be a long time right??? WRONG. And the idea of making a list to plan for a new addition to our family was unrealistic. People say that until you become a parent you really have no idea what you are up for and that is so true. We don't know what we are doing and still with all of that uncertainty I am beyond excited for what is to come. I am so far out of my comfort  zone right now and still have a peace about it all knowing that Miles is going to be right here and this is OUR adventure. Plus with a name like GAVIN WITT this is bound to be a cool kid :) 

Now that that is out of the way here is an update one what we have done and what I will start stressing over soon. The baby's room is no longer a guest room which my sweet husband has to kindly remind me of every time I call it that. We didn't have to paint the room because after two years of being in this house I still like the color and it matches the fabric I picked out perfectly. We got our chair in last week and it is the most amazing chair I have ever sat in. I had a vision for the chair that I wanted and now that it is in it is everything I had envisioned. I sometimes go in that room and sit in my chair and think about having a baby soon to rock to sleep. Miles and I also found the perfect curtains for our bay windows. While he was at a wedding I went out and bought some curtain rods and decided I was going to waddle up a ladder and hang them myself. Then after learning that I was not strong enough to screw in the screws I waddled back down the ladder and let Miles put them up the next day. My mother as you know agreed to make the bedding and just this past weekend got them almost all the way done. I was a little worried about the fabric I picked out but she did such a good job and they are better than I expected and even wanted. I thought about putting up some teasers of the room but then decided the final product would be better. The only thing holding me up right now is the Baby's Room (the store). My furniture has taken about 14 weeks at this point to come in and still nothing. A little annoyed to say the least but they promised us it shipped yesterday. 

We had our first baby shower last weekend. The girls really made us feel special and I fully plan on creating a blog post soon for that fun day. We got so many things for Gavin. Last night we got in our Chicco pack and play. It was quite the adventure watching Miles drag that thing out. Who knew you could have that much goodness in one box. Tonight we got a package from his parents and it had our video monitor in it. YIPPIE!!! Another toy for us to get out, play with & hope we don't break before the baby gets here. Here are a few pics we took below as well as a few fun gifts we have gotten that are practical and we have no idea how to use them. FUN STUFF! 


                              Miles had a client surprise us with these baby TOMS. I'm in love. Thank you Lisa!!!

      I found this little camera onesie online and as cheesy as it is had to get it for Miles. Gavins first camera around his neck. 

Chicco Playard - Graphica


                                    My sister got us this Chicco 360. Pretty sweet contraption :) 


                                                                   Summer Infant Video Monitor 




No comments:

Post a Comment