The FIRST TRIMESTER was tough. I know everyone always told me how tired I would be and how food just wasn't the same, but I think I always just thought to myself "It couldn't be that bad". Well let me just tell you how it really has been for me and why my blog has been neglected.
- From the time I woke up until I went to bed I felt like I could throw up. Luckily I never did.
- Brushing my teeth in the morning and sometimes at night made me gag.
- After the first month I learned to despise chicken (which WAS my food of choice most nights of the week prior to being preggo), Cheeto Puffs and Mac & Cheese. I still will not eat any of them even at week 20.
- Sometime it got so bad that Miles would have to hide his food or eat in the other room because the thought of him eating it would make me want to throw up.
- Disliking food led to not cooking which is why there have been no blog posts in a while. If I cooked it I wouldn't eat it.
- AND THE WORST: not being able to tell the people at work that the smell of the food they are heating in the kitchen makes you want to run out the front door
- All I wanted to do was sleep. At work I wanted to sleep, when I got home I wanted to sleep and then when night came I could not sleep. Vicious cycle!
- I have to admit, I haven't been the crazy basket case that apparently some people become. Miles says I have actually been pretty easy to deal with. BUT that is not to say I haven't had a few random moments where I cry in a movie that I would normally not be affected by or have a minor melt down because OMG I AM HAVING A BABY!!!
With all of the above you also have to somehow put on a smile and act like you are 100% because you can't tell anyone the good news or why you feel terrible.
People said "Don't worry, the SECOND TRIMESTER will be better". When the second trimester came and I still felt like crap I began to lose hope that I would ever be normal again. BUT I did! Finally I feel like a human again. Lazy just isn't my thing and it was starting to get the best of me. Now the Nausea is for the most part under control but then you step into a whole new set of issues.
Weight Gain -
- I don't know about you but I am pretty consistent with my weight. I have pretty much always been about the same size. As I get further along in the second trimester my baby gets bigger and bigger. Example: right now I am growing a baby inside of me that is the size of a cantaloupe. OMG I AM HAVING A BABY!!! So naturally as the baby grows into larger fruit and veggies, I am growing into sizes that are unfamiliar to me. NOT MY FAVORITE!
- Not only does your belly grow, but other parts of your body start to grow...
- During the first trimester it was cute that I had to unbutton my pants when I sat down. Now that I am in the second it isn't so cute that I can't button or zip my pants. Which leads to my second bullet...
- Maternity clothes...UGH! Do they even make cute maternity clothes around here? I feel like I am wearing a body suit when I put on a pair of those pants with the elastic waist that goes up to my boobs. They are comfortable though :)
- Dresses are my new best friend!
Potty Breaks -
- Lets just say I get up anywhere between 3-5 times a night...
- How do you get any work done when you are expected to drink that much water???
Out of Breath -
- Walking across the house can wear you out depending on the day. Maybe a slight exaggeration but still it is pretty bad.
- The more pillows the better!
Now for the fun part of the second trimester: IT'S A BOY!!!! ISN'T HE CUTE????
We finally had our first ultra sound and found out the gender of baby b! The switch from baby/it to a he/boy is a real eye opener. So what's to come????
Baby Furniture -
- We found the perfect crib, dresser & hutch at the Baby's Room in Rogers, AR. My parents graciously offered to buy them for us. I will have pictures to share in about 10 weeks when it all comes in.
Baby Bedding -
- TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH
- If I were having a girl I could decorate 10 nurseries but since I am having a boy it has been a little bit of a challenge. All of the pre made bedding is less than thrilling. SOO...we have picked out fabric to have it made. I just need to make sure it goes with my furniture before we begin. Pictures to come as we make progress.
- Names are HARD! Your child has to live with this for the rest of their life and it is all your fault if you pick a bad one :) Needless to say we don't have a definite name yet but several prospects. NO I WILL NOT SHARE UNTIL IT IS PICKED AND DEFINITE.
- If you throw out names before it is decided people pick them apart.
Baby Clothes -
- Let the shopping begin!
- I want my baby boy to look like a little man not like a baby blue mess :) Personal preference for sure.
Well that is a brief look into what pregnancy has been like for me so far. I'm sure nobody cares but it is nice to have it written down somewhere to look back on one day.