Thursday, April 21, 2011

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

I don't normally cook with rotisserie chickens because I hate dealing with meat on bones but here is a super easy recipe for a creamy chicken noodle soup I stumbled upon in my Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade cookbook. I kind of feel like I am cheating when I cook like this but lets face it, we don't always have tons of time to cook from scratch. Plus this provided me with excellent lunches for work.


Note: I made this when it was still cold outside :)

Recipe:
1 store-bought roasted chicken
1 cup diced celery
1 cup dice carrots
4 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp fine herbs (blend of chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon)
2 cups egg noodles, cooked

Step 1: Remove the skin and bones from the chicken. Shred. In a crock pot, place chicken, celery, and carrots. Stir in broth, sou, and herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Step 2: Cover and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 hours or low heat for 8 to 9 hours (I of course did 4 because I refuse to leave my crock pot going when I am not home)

Step 3: When soup is done, stir in cooked egg noodles and heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment