Monday, August 29, 2011

Vintage Shower & Sweet Harper Grace

Kim - Joe - Cade - Harper

A while back (a long while back) I hosted a baby shower for my sister. As you are starting to notice I do not like traditional "baby" stuff. So when I found out I was having a niece it made planning the shower that much more fun. Little girls are EASY. My one request from my sis was I don't want a lot of pink. Clearly she wasn't interested in traditional either. I personally LOVE pink but went with the next best thing PURPLE mixed with a touch of mossy green and gold. Some of the stuff I used was new and some was stuff that I found around the house that just worked.

Invitations:
I couldn't do store bought invites for this shower (not that there is anything wrong with store bought invites). There was just nothing that was PERFECT. I had my mind made up what I "NEEDED" so my husband helped bring my idea to life. We sat down and this is what we came up with. It fit my theme just the way I envisioned it.



On the Menu:
I wanted to keep this fairly simple but still appear very fresh. This was toward the beginning of my pregnancy so energy was something I was lacking and food was starting to become a burden. I don't think I even at one of the cupcakes that I made for this shower and don't think I have made a batch since (even though I heard they were tasty).

  • Chicken Salad Crescent Sandwiches
  • Fresh Fruit Cups
  • Cupcakes (of course)
  • Veggies
  • Chocolate
  • Purple Punch
Decor:
  • Cupcake Holder (decorative tree found at OOPS that just happened to be perfect for cupcakes)
  • Metal Serving Tray and Utensil Holder from POTTERY BARN
  • Glass Beverage Dispenser (Bed Bath & Beyond)
  • Wooden Boxes (repurposed from a gift that was sent to us)
  • Glass Canisters 
  • Small Canning Jars (Walmart) with customized labels (created by Miles)
  • Tulle & Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
  • Birdcage, Eggs, Paint & Moss (Hobby Lobby)
  • Utensils, Napkins & Plates
  • Harper Banner (homemade craft)
  • Diaper Cake (one of the other hostesses graciously offered to make this)
The Gifts: 
  • Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag (my favorite diaper bag company)
  • Tutu Outfit with Matching Ruffle Socks (The Baby's Room)
  • I Love My Auntie Onesie 
  • Legging with Bling on the Bottom (Three Monkeys) with a matching headband
                     Me -- Kim -- Mom -- Grandma -- Aunt B -- Kerry -- Lindsay

Here are a few shots my husband and I have taken of sweet Harper Grace so that you get the entire picture of why this shower had to be so girly and custom. We just love this precious girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment