Kim - Joe - Cade - Harper
A while back (a long while back) I hosted a baby shower for my sister. As you are starting to notice I do not like traditional "baby" stuff. So when I found out I was having a niece it made planning the shower that much more fun. Little girls are EASY. My one request from my sis was I don't want a lot of pink. Clearly she wasn't interested in traditional either. I personally LOVE pink but went with the next best thing PURPLE mixed with a touch of mossy green and gold. Some of the stuff I used was new and some was stuff that I found around the house that just worked.
I couldn't do store bought invites for this shower (not that there is anything wrong with store bought invites). There was just nothing that was PERFECT. I had my mind made up what I "NEEDED" so my husband helped bring my idea to life. We sat down and this is what we came up with. It fit my theme just the way I envisioned it.
On the Menu:
I wanted to keep this fairly simple but still appear very fresh. This was toward the beginning of my pregnancy so energy was something I was lacking and food was starting to become a burden. I don't think I even at one of the cupcakes that I made for this shower and don't think I have made a batch since (even though I heard they were tasty).
- Chicken Salad Crescent Sandwiches
- Fresh Fruit Cups
- Cupcakes (of course)
- Purple Punch
- Cupcake Holder (decorative tree found at OOPS that just happened to be perfect for cupcakes)
- Metal Serving Tray and Utensil Holder from POTTERY BARN
- Glass Beverage Dispenser (Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Wooden Boxes (repurposed from a gift that was sent to us)
- Glass Canisters
- Small Canning Jars (Walmart) with customized labels (created by Miles)
- Tulle & Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
- Birdcage, Eggs, Paint & Moss (Hobby Lobby)
- Utensils, Napkins & Plates
- Harper Banner (homemade craft)
- Diaper Cake (one of the other hostesses graciously offered to make this)
- Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag (my favorite diaper bag company)
- Tutu Outfit with Matching Ruffle Socks (The Baby's Room)
- I Love My Auntie Onesie
- Legging with Bling on the Bottom (Three Monkeys) with a matching headband