Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yesterday Miles and I celebrated our second Valentine's Day as a married couple. We had a wonderful dinner at Bordino's (drinks, calamari, pasta, desert). I couldn't be more in love! As much as I love going out to eat with my hubby, I REALLY love cooking him dinner. So tonight after we took Miss Jada for a walk I decided to make something new. I found a few great recipes and dinner is served.

ON THE MENU

Crispy Baked Cod
Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Herbs
Basmati Rice with Edamame 
Raspberry Lemonade


Crispy Baked Cod Recipe

  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 clove garlic (I used the polaner chopped garlic)
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I chose to use the Italian bread crumbs)
  • 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest - I am new to using my lemon zester but think it is fantastic
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp reduced fat mayo 
  • 4 skinless cod fillets, about 6 oz each
  • Salt
  1.  Preheat the oven to 350. In a small skillet over medium low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add bread crumb, stir to coat with butter, then cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon zest. Let cool. Combine mustard and mayo in a small bowl. 
  2.  Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle each fillet lightly with salt, then place on a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet and brush with mustard mixture. Press 1/4 of crumbs onto each fillet
  3. Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until until fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily, 10 - 15 minutes ( I cook EVERYTHING about 5 minutes longer than it recommends). 
                **I got this recipe from an old issue of all you magazine**

After dinner it was time to make desert for community group tomorrow...OUTRAGEOUS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment