Sunday, February 13, 2011

Joe's Birthday - More Cupcakes

Due to my recent interest in baking anything that starts with a cup and ends with a cake, my sister asked if I would make cupcakes for Joe (my brother-in-law) for his birthday party. The list started out pretty simple and then she added in all the kids. Of course I told her I would but Joe really loves boring yellow box cakes with simple chocolate icing. So I decided to take a yellow cake recipe I found in one of my cookbooks and then jazz them up with a chocolate butter cream icing.

I had spent the whole day with my sister registering for my new little niece that will be here in May so by the time we finished that and I bought everything at the store I was a little rushed on time to make the party. Then when I got home from the store I realized that I was almost out of flower. Miles to the rescue. While I got things moving he ran to the store and came home with not one but two big bags of flour. Anyone who knows Miles is probably laughing because that is such a Miles move. A few weeks back he went to the store to buy a printer cartridge and came home with a new printer because he saved money. Anyway back to cupcakes...So I successfully whipped up 36 yellow cake cupcakes, iced them all, and made it out the door in about an hour and fifteen minutes! They were delicious. If you don't believe me take a look at Cade chowing down!!!

**Sifting 2 pounds of powdered sugar when you are in a hurry is not a fun task. Miles was really excited to help so he had to be in the post this week! Jada of course helped clean up anything that hit the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment